Michel RobertShowjumping & Coaching
Multiple Olympic medalist, European and World Champion
Education and professional experience
Michel Robert is one of the most famous riders in the world of showjumping. He has more than 40 years’ experience at the highest level and has devoted his career to competition but also to teaching.
He began riding horses at the age of 4 in Chambery at the riding school founded by his father. At 18, he traveled the world meeting some of the greatest riders of that time. He competed in his first Olympic Games as a member of the French eventing team.
- Olympic Games: Team bronze medals in 1988 and 1992
- World Championships : Team gold medal in 1982, team and individual silver medal in 1994, team bronze in 1982 and individual bronze in 1986.
- European Championships: individual silver in 1993, team silver in 1987, 1989, 2003 and 2011, and team bronze in 1993.
- French National Championships: 5 time champion
- He also remains the trainer for many top riders.
Benefiting from his 40 years of experience as a top rider, Michel Robert continues to help riders grow as a coach via the website “Horse Academy”. He offers online courses with videos of his working methods.
Various topics are covered including groundwork, ridden flat work, mental coaching, and how to connect with the horse.
Michel Robert: "My method is meant for all riders, from beginners to high level riders. The basic principles are the same, you just have to adapt the difficulties.”